The life sciences practice group has extensive experience in counselling local and multinational manufacturers, distributors, and retailers. Our areas of expertise cover foodstuffs, including foods for infants and young children, foods for weight reduction, foods for special medical purposes, foods for sports people, foods for diabetics, food supplements, GMO food, novel food and cosmetics. We believe that our cross-disciplinary expertise and industry knowledge make us a valuable partner.
We advise on a broad range of compliance and regulatory issues, including:
- Import and export
- Labelling, including nutrition and health claims
- Product classifications
- Product notifications
We represent clients before the Bulgarian Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Agriculture, the Food Safety Agency, the Consumer Protection Commission, the Competition Protection Commission, the Competition Protection Commission, the customs authorities, the European Commission and European Food Safety Authority, and try cases in courts of all instances, including the European courts.
We can help you by:
- Legal advice on marketing models, including multi-level marketing, Internet stores, etc.
- Review of internal policies for compliance with Bulgarian law;
- Drafting industry-specific agreements, including distribution contracts, service provider contracts, etc.
- Legal advice on product classifications and labelling, including nutrition and health claims
- Legal advice on food advertising and promotional campaigns;
- Drafting and submitting product notifications;
Our life sciences group is supported by leading specialists in related fields, for the purpose of providing integrated advice tailored to the specific needs of our clients in the following key areas:
- Commercial transactions
- Consumer law
- Employment law
Our lawyers assist clients in crisis management. Specifically, we draft and provide ongoing assessment of tailored compliance programs, prepare dawn raid guidelines and procedures for employees to follow in the event of an inspection by regulatory authorities, conduct a dawn raid response audits, provide training to clients’ personnel, assist on site during down raids, and advise on legal issues raised by the regulatory authorities during inspections.
We keep our clients informed of amendments to the legislative framework which might affect their businesses, and assist them from a legal perspective with formulation and implementation of business strategies and policies.