New mandatory measures for the employers: disinfection and limitations on the direct contact between employees
By Order No РД 01-219 dated 02.04.2020 of the Minister of Labor and Social Policy (the “Order“) new measures for the employers were introduced to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Until cancellation of the state of emergency, employers should ensure adequate conditions on the workplace, including at least:
- provision of protective masks and gloves to employees (taking into account the specificity of their work);
- temporary suspension from work of any employee who does not use the protective equipment provided (masks, gloves, etc.);
- temporary suspension from work of any employee with flu-like symptoms;
- limitation of the direct contact between the employees and between the employees and any third parties, and if possible, keeping a distance of not less than 1-1.5 m;
- no entry within the enterprises’ premises of employees or third parties with symptoms for an acute infectious disease;
- disinfection of workplaces, sanitary facilities and rest and eating places (at least twice a day during the working day / work shift);
- provision of hot running water, disposable towels and disinfectants to the employees;
- regular ventilation of the premises, including disinfection and ventilation of vehicles after each ride;
- emergency briefing with employees for the purpose of instructing them on how to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus.
The General Labor Inspectorate Executive Agency shall monitor the implementation of the Order.
You can find the full text of the Order in Bulgarian language only here:
For more information, please contact: